Friday, January 25, 2013

Five For Friday

It's been a long week.  Having Monday off is great. Yet oddly, in some ways, that seems to make Tuesday - Friday that much worse.  Which kind of takes the fun out of having Monday off.  Not quite a chicken and an egg situation, but just one of those things, that takes up too much space in my mind.

And on top of that, I'm going to be that girl, who chooses to live on the east coast, and who gets all "wah....boo....ugh....wtf....blah.....bleck.....bitch.....moan....bitch" because it's cold and windy and snowy.  In January.

And I have to wear mittens and hats and two scarves and lots of layers and bought new snow boots.  (which btw are so warm and fuzzy)  But the cold!  The bone-chilling, face-hurting, I-said-brrrrrrr!-it's-cold-in-here kind of cold.

I know.  DUH!  That's what happens in January.  It's called winter.  It's been going on for decades.  It's the four seasons.  This is not a fluke of Mother Nature.  This is just how the world turns.  (which, btw, I miss that soap...Craig and Sierra and Holden and Lily rocked!).

But, baby, it's like really, really cold outside.  And the turning of the world has knocked me on my ass this week.  So before I crawl under the covers, here's the five things I can muster, because no matter how busy or tired or cold I am....I'm trying my best to keep on track here.  Writers write.

#1: 

I've been this before and it popped up on my tumblr feed tonight.  Sometimes I feel like the universe is sending me a message and the timing is right.



#2:

The universe also deals me some messages I don't want.  But that's the balance this Libra comes to expect.  And strives for.  I'm in the self-imposed spend freeze just because.  It's like eating well after a stint of eating like crap.  Balance.  But then I found this dress I've been lusting on ebay.  In my size.  And I was so close.  (Or maybe not, because I was only willing to pay so much for an "excellent used condition" dress.)  But my competition was willing to keep going.  And I lost.

That's the universe telling me that Hello!  You are on a spending freeze!  And your friendly universe here is not going to let you break it.  No eBay wins for you!

(grumble....curse....rats....that sucks)

And a few hours later the moment of clarity (or the rationalization).  That dress was not my fate.


#3:

SAG Awards on Sunday.  Red Carpet.  Fashion.  Awards.  Eventual tears over the acceptance speeches I'm sure.  Oh how I love awards season.  Cannot wait to see who they're wearing.  And who wins.  Kind of at a loss for why Lena Dunham isn't at this party, but that's my obsession talking.  Least there's Jon Hamm to look forward to.  (yes, please)

Also fairly certain I need to work that free Showtime and start watching Homeland because  they win everything.  And apparently it's great.  Stay tuned.

#4:

The conversation is underway.  For Paris.  In the summer.  This may trump the Lean obsession for now. I can't wait to go back.  Time to lock in some dates!!!!

#5:


I didn’t actually get to see the Matt Damon takeover of Jimmy Kimmel last night but I’ve seen enough clips to get the sense it was pretty damn funny.  And that of course made me think of this video, which I still think is some total comedy genius. It also doubles as my song.  BAM!










No comments:

Post a Comment