Friday, February 1, 2013

Five Fabs on a Really Tired Friday


Brutal honesty.  I’m tired. 

It’s been a hell of a day.  A hell of a week. A hell of a month.  (January, that is.  I haven’t totally given up on February on the first day.)  I could go as far as a “hell of a few lot of months” but who isn’t tired and busy and somewhat overwhelmed and scatterboxed and feeling like there’s just not enough time in the day. 

Or maybe I’m feeling like this because free Showtime has sucked me into “I Don’t Know How She Does It”.  Which was said to be a pretty good book, but I have to say, not so much of a movie.  Cliché.  Underwhelming.  Kind of lame.  Missed boat.  And I’m suspect of a movie that can’t legit make it to 90 minutes.  And one that has the perfectly, perfect happy ending.  Yawn. I blame Pierce Brosnan.  And Sarah Shahi.  And Busy Phillips.  And Olivia Mumm.  But it could also be that I’m so damn tired….physically…mentally….emotional spent. 

And while I may not have much to give, I haven’t written in a while and that makes me sad because it is one of the few things I truly love, so here goes Fab Five Friday….the things I’m kind of obsessing about….the tired edition:


#1:

This is the best indication of how my life is going.  Spend freeze is still in place.  (Minus those DVF shoes from Ruelala.  But they were 50% off and I had a credit so they were like 70% off.  Does the word “duh” mean anything to anyone?)  But then a giant Gap offer and I always need basic tanks because I pretty much live in them.

Package arrived today. 

And instead of a good old white tank….

I got this….

Quality control has left the building.  Can’t wait to trot this into the store to return.  Or maybe I should just save them for a rainy day.  It’s like my own version of the Cinderella glass slipper.  LOL!

#2:

30 Rock is officially over.  Cannot wait to see what Tina Fey does next, but I’m going to miss this show.  So many funny lines.  It’s the end of an era.  Thank God Psych will be back in a few weeks.

And thanks for this last gem Liz Lemon:

“I was perfectly happy with what I had.   Eating night cheese and transitioning my pajamas into daywear.  You’re the one who told me to want more.”



#3:

Julianna Marguelis at the SAG Awards.  I’m a bit obsessed with her I realize.  The Good Wife is that and more. And I just think she’s looking amazing. 




#4:

The line that made “I Don’t Know Why….” worth it….Olivia Mumm’s – “If you sign an email or text “XO” you may as well sign it ‘I want you to enter me’.”

One of my friends at work said I post inappropriate updates on FB. I have to disagree.  I think I’m pretty mild mannered. Like I would never post this on there.  Though I kind of wanted to.

#5:

Not only was Sunday’s episode of Girls thirty more minutes of spectacular.  (Also beyond obsessed with Lena, as you may have already figured out.)

“You’re a really good dancer.”
“Thanks.  I know.”

And Hannah and Elijah dancing to this before it all went to hell:



End.  Scene.




No comments:

Post a Comment