Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday Styles - Golden Globes Rewind

I laughed.  I cried.  I never saw Cats.  But damn did I dedicate myself to the Globes on Sunday night.  So much greatness.  Three cheers for Lena Dunham.  And Girls.  And Ben Affleck.  (Love you.  Mean it.)  I am just a giant sucker for the award show and am so happy the season is underway.

By far one of my favorite parts, as I may have totally mentioned, is my love for the Red Carpet.  I am Rachel Zoe and Stacy London and the Fashion Police and the whole team from E! all rolled into one.  And since it's my blog I get to be.  


It's a bit of a children's book....lots of pictures...but when it comes to fashion doesn't everyone want to see the pictures?  


Kate Hudson looks amazing.  She just seems like the coolest chick to hang out with and I love her laid back look.  And the fact that she she looks so stunning int this dress.  Big fan of the plunge.  McQueen does not disappoint.





If anyone is keeping up my blog, you know I have an extreme obsession with Kerry Washington...and Olivia Pope...and the clothes they share (and the show obvi because it's so damn amazing.  #GLADIATORS).  So it should come as zero shocker that KW has a place here.  

This woman is so gorgeous and humble and adorable and stylish and love that she loves Lady Gaga.  She also seems like a really cool chick to hang out with and like someone who could teach me how to kick some serious ass at work.  And hello!  Affair with the President.  I haven't rooted that hard for the other woman since Something Borrowed.


Love the dress.  Love the hair.  Envy her bangs.  And hello, flawless face.






Readers...(wait...I have to stop right there...I'm addressing my "readers" like there's a fleet of them.  I have more followers on Tumblr.  "Readers".  "My peeps".  I am Evita on the balcony right now.  LOL. This is work stress morphing in a really bizarro way.  This is also me kidding.)...so back to it. 

Beloved reader (single reader...I'm looking at YOU)...unless this is the first post you're reading, you know that I have major love Love LOVE for Jennifer Garner.  Never mind my epic love for her hubby.  I think they are a totally adorable couple.  More people who I think would be cool to hang out with, have a beer, and watch some baseball maybe or just spend a long, leisurely dinner.


Jen always seems to bring it on the Red Carpet (go R. Zoe!).  And this dress....this color....the hair....the make-up....definitely one of her best looks ever.  


A bit surprised she's in Vivian Westwood. To me that's a Gwen Stefani designer (which I say in the best way possible as Gwen is also on my obsessed list.)  But Jen is usually and Oscar de la Renta girl.  Love her switching it up.


Made more amazing by the fact that she looks as effortless and comfortable in this as she does in jeans and a baseball cap.  Which I obviously see her in all the time in US Magazine and on E!News. Though I like to pretend we're besties and that's why I know so much about her.



And while, yes, the show was full of great moments, one of my most favorite happened on the Red Carpet.  I am a total sap for epic TV romances.  Or just epic romance for that matter.  And there is the fantasy/fairytale/writer part of me that likes to believe that characters live on after the show ends and they walk off into the sunset.   This moment right here (To your right.  Here.)  is my proof that Doug Ross and Carol Hathaway not only are still together but they are so epically happy.  Melting my little black heart.  
My admiration for Julianna Margulies was revived by The Good Wife.  And thank God for that. I think she is cool is the New York downtown chic kind of way.  She's much edgier than her character and maybe it's that contrast that I love.  But I think this dress is great.  Hurrah for Pucci!

And love the red lip.  I wish I could pull off a red lip.  I wonder if I can pull off a red lip.  I need to add a make-up artist to my fashion squad here.




And while I'm not here to hate on anyone....there are some dresses that left me so "meh"....so "c'mon you could do better"....so "uh, what what?".  So no fasholes here.  Just a few that left me wondering, why?  why?  why?






Both ladies are beautiful.  I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty, but did like JC in The Help.  I'm sure she was all that and more, especially given that she won.  But wtf is up with the dress? Color?  Great.  Boobs?  Appear to be at your waist.  This is a tragic miss if ever I saw one.


And Halle....I don't know if she was actually in a movie or nominated or just an honored guest, but holy epic mess.  To steal a line from Kelly Osborne on this week's Fashion Police (because quite honestly, I can't do better than this) - "This dress is something a Real Housewife of Miami would wear.  To lunch."



And last, but not least, I may be alone in this review, but I don't like Jennifer Lawrence's dress.  At.  All.  The waist is a little weird.  But more importantly, those napkiny things on the chest have given her boobs the weirdest look of the night.  Honestly lady, you are gorgeous....you're a solid actress....winner.....and yet you voluntarily make your boobs look like this.  

Luckily there are more award shows to come so there's a chance for fashion redemption.  And I know...who am I to criticize Dior? But even me and my chest that doesn't fill out a dress, would rather look like me than have this things flapping off the front of me. 


Just saying.  From the comfort of my couch.  In major comfies.  But the couch is red and I think I look pretty damn good.  Everyone has their Red Carpet.  Can't wait for the next one!





And back to Kate.  This is one of my favorites of her movies.  And considering she's done a few with yet another love of mine, Matthew McConoughy, that's saying quite a lot!




No comments:

Post a Comment