Monday, February 4, 2013

Manic Monday: No Laundry But I'll Always Have Paris

It’s not just Manic Monday here.  It’s more like Manic Weekday.  And I’m really, truly starting to believe that it may not end.  Not anytime soon.  Maybe not ever.  Which I know is crazy.  Everything comes to an end eventually, right?  Or at least they say all good things do.  “They”.  (Who are the ladiesWe are the ladies.)  So if all good things…then all bad things must come to an end. It’s the what goes up must come down.


Luckily I found some calm this weekend.  Much needed.  Long overdue.  Inhale.  Exhale.  TV.  DVR. FreeShowtimeandpaysforitselfHBObecauseGirlsisamazing.  And fun.  A nap.  Read up on the Writers Digest Conference in April.  Have to pull the trigger on that one.  Spent the weekend checking some things off the list.

What I didn’t do is the laundry.  Which is currently taunting me.  Haunting me.  But I don’t have the energy to go downstairs and face the fact that the machines might be taken.  And then I have to roll it all back up.  (Yes.  I have a folding, rolling cart.  People envy it.  I see people bring their laundry down in trash bags.  I mean not for nothing.  Respect your stuff, even when it’s dirty. 

What I really wish is that I didn’t have to roll it downstairs because I magically will have a washer/dryer in my apartment.  It doesn’t sound like the biggest wish list item…or maybe it’s big, but not the most popular…but it’s mine.  I also realize the reality of the situation.  That as long as I continue to live in NYC it will never happen for me.

It will fall into the list of things that will never happen for me.  (Probably.  Most likely.  Never ever.)  Like walking the Red Carpet in Chanel.  Climbing some major mountain.  (Though in all fairness I have no interest in that.)  Being on Oprah’s Next Chapter (which I’m watching only because Drew Barrymore is on it and she’s is by far one of the most amazing ladies out there.  And I would love to hang with her for a day because I feel like she’d be so damn cool.  Though that happening…probably also not going to happen for me.)  And chances are I won’t get to make out with Bradley Cooper.  And b-t-w that’s Bradley Cooper the actor.  Not just some guy named Bradley Cooper.  Which I feel the need to clarify because I met Mariano Rivero today.  But not the-greatest-closer-in-baseball.  The security guard on Park Avenue.  Who I asked if he got great dinner reservations over the phone.  He found zero humor in me. 
 
Moving on….I’m in procrastination mode.  I need to face the 20-page refinance document that’s awaiting me.  Which means a credit check. Which means I should pay my bills first so my secret shopping shame isn’t as blatant.

Manic Monday…beginning of Manic Weekday.  And so it begins…..

Work is hard.  Non-work life is hard.  But sometimes in that good way.  And where the reward for the hard work is in my hands.  Case in point.  Booked the tickets to Paris.  I don’t even have words for how excited I am for this trip.  Had a delicious first trip and have been ready to go back ever since.  And I’m going to obsess about it for months to come.  Consider yourselves warned!






No comments:

Post a Comment