Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hello, Lover!

For Carrie Bradshaw, it was a pair of pink Christian Louboutin heels purchased in honor of her last night on the town with Big, in the “I Heart NY” episode (one of the best btw...Carrie and Big doing the twist!  Epic!) that got her to let out a big sigh and the “Hello, lover”. 


For me?  Well I’m a simple girl.  I get most of my shoes at J. Crew or Tory, when I’m feeling crazy.  But some days it takes even less to make me happy.  Just the other day I was doing a little “hello, lover” of my own.  And for very good reason:


Now sure the boxes are half the size and twice the cost of when I was a kid (you know…when you had to walk barefoot through the snow for Girl Scout cookies).  But I suspect my thighs will thank me later for the portion change.  But it’s challenging the hell out of my self-control.  Color me vulnerable because o-m-g if the damn cookies don’t taste as freaking amazing as they did when I was a kid.  The one good thing about life springing ahead today is it’s one less hour for my willpower to be tested.

And how bad is it that these two boxes were kind of, sort of one of the highlights of my week?  (Not sure what that says about my week).  But without new episodes of Revenge and totally slacking on my writing, it’s been slow going.

From what I can tell the cheese (me) is standing alone when it comes to watching One Tree Hill.  So I’ll save you the pain of having to read about it.   Hey! You can’t please all of the people all of the time.  But if something epic happens, be warned, I’ll be mentioning it.  (And based on what I’ve watched so far, I think you’ll be spared any future recaps.  It’s just that bad.) 

I also seem to be the one person on the block who is still watching Desperate Housewives.  I’ll admit, there was a doozie of a season when Paul Young moved back to town, but all in all I think it was a great show.  Not-to-great is the spoiler I heard from that damn Nicolette Sheridan trial (WARNING!  HERE COMES THE SPOILER) that they are killing off Mike tonight. I mean WTF?  The whole show started and revolved around him and Susan getting-being-staying together.  And now they are going to kill him off?  BOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Life doesn’t guarantee happy endings…that’s kind of why I tune into TV so much. Fingers crossed it’s a false rumor or not a fatal gunshot wound. 

So with some time away from the TV and a truly long overdue phone date with a old friend about doing things for ourselves, I went out and got this little kit of amazingness.  

I’m pretty much a slut for anything Bliss and I’ve tried this mask before, but the whole kit really is a great self-indulgence.  And I got the eye mask part too, which seriously is just fun.  At home spa.  Love it! 

And with that, I’m calling it a night.  I’m very excited for Kate White’s new novel to come out next week, so am re-reading the last in the Bailey Weggins series to get me psyched up for it.  I’m crazy like that.  

And while letting the shuffle feature work its magic on my computer and was reminded how great this song is.  Sorry the sound quality isn't better, but I could (and have) been playing this one on repeat all weekend long!




No comments:

Post a Comment