Friday, July 27, 2012

Eiffel Asleep (yeah...I know...that was bad...)


The strangest thing has been going on with me lately.  I’ve been sleeping.  Well. Through the night.  Without taking Advil PM.  Or Benadryl.  Or Imitrex. 

And I’ve been having dreams.  Vivid dreams.  Not those nightmarish chase-me-I’m-trying-to-run-but-I-can’t/I’m-showing-up-places-naked/I’m-getting-attacked dreams…you know all those classic anxiety dreams that sadly were plaguing me all spring (and a good chunk of the winter for that matter).  I mean, I’m a little afraid of jinxing myself by even writing this…(I know what you’re thinking.  “Too late!”)…but I just can’t contain myself. 

I love my sleep.  And getting it is a lot of a victory for me, so this is my version of shouting my good news from a mountaintop.  Though the age-old question when I started this whole thing does come to mind – does anyone even hear me shouting?  Either way….here goes the dream sequence.

My dreams as of late have circled around travelling, packing and being on an airplane or in an airport.  I’ve been to Paris a few times (already established my love for that city)…the Eiffel Tower (To see the Eiffel Tower in your dream symbolizes strength and longevity. You have a solid relationship and strong support system. Alternatively, the dream symbol refers to romance.).  And Paris in the snow.  (Now the snow definition is long so I plucked out this piece - To dream that you are watching the snow fall represents a clean start and a fresh, new perspective. It is indicative of spiritual peace and tranquility.)

Now last night was quite a doozy of mixed dreams.  I was doing my travel bit, but then lots of other things started to come into play. Weird.  Here goes….

I was taking a trip to Japan with a friend of mine.  In real life, the two of us are hopping a train to CT this weekend so that might be where that’s coming from.  So first I’m feverishly packing.  We were only going for a few days (which makes all of no sense), but I kept grabbing stuff from my closet and shoving it in my suitcase.  Flash-forward to my being on the plane where we’re flying first class (only in my dreams, btw) and my friend is late.  Like *late* late.  The plane is taxying down the runway and I’m trying to text her and she magically shows up.  Okay then.  All good.  We order drinks, which take way too long to get there and when my vodka/soda does arrive it’s all watered down because the ice cubes melted and I’m way annoyed with my unhelpful flight attendant and he won’t give me another drink.  That dream sort of fades away at that point…don’t know if we even made it to Japan or if I ever got a new cup o’vodka.  What a cliffhanger!  But more importantly…what’s it all mean?

Packing:
 
To dream that you are packing signifies big changes ahead for you. You are putting past issues to rest or past relationships behind you. Alternatively, it represents the burdens that you carry.

(Not so sure about the “burden” part of this one, though suppose we all have some.  In better news, big ch-ch-ch-changes.  Time may change me.   But I can’t trace time.)


Airplane:

To see an airplane in your dream indicates that you will overcome your obstacles and rise to a new level of prominence and status. You may experience a higher consciousness, newfound freedom and greater awareness. Perhaps you need to gain a better perspective or wider view on something. If the airplane is taking off, then it suggests that an idea or plan is about to "take off" and be put into action. It may also represent your need to get away and escape from your daily life.

(Weeeeeeeeee!  I love that dream that absolutely screams positivity and encourages a little vacation. Have to work on that one!)

Vodka:

Surprisingly enough, vodka does not have an entry in my dream dictionary.  There is a section on alcohol, which is pretty negative and there’s a whole blip about alcoholism so we’ll just skip past this part, lest I give the chick who a decade ago called me a booze bag any cred.  (For the record…not my fault she was uptight and didn’t know how to enjoy herself at a party.  Not like I showed up to jury duty hammered at 9 a.m.  Whatevs.)

And I'm dreaming...

Back in dreamland….Somewhere in my brain, I moved on to another dream. I was out with my friends at a bar or club or something and a whole bunch of us go to the bathroom together….(because that’s apparently what girls stereotypically do in movies, on TV and in my dreams)…and in one of the stalls there’s a dead body.  Now it’s no secret that I’m an avid mystery reader and watcher, so an occasional dead body in my dream doesn’t freak me out so much.  It’s more like in my dreams I get to play out being JB Fletcher or Laura Holt or Bailey Weggins or Rachel Benjamin.  All good things. 

The weird part…..the body didn’t fluster me in my dream either.  It was there.  We saw it.  But then it wasn’t.  That didn’t seem to faze us either.  But the bathroom was still a crime scene.  And I don’t know why my friends I spent so much time in there in this dream.  It was full of couches and almost like a lounge and we just hung out and met people and chatted.  If it had a bar, we would have been all set.  (Ok, Boozy).  Anyway…weird.

Weirder still, is what you get when you look up any dreams related to the bathroom.  I’ll spare you the details that aren’t amusing.

Bathroom: 

To dream that you are in the bathroom, relates to your instinctual urges. You may be experiencing some burdens/feelings and need to "relieve yourself". Alternatively, a bathroom symbolizes purification and self-renewal. You need to cleanse yourself, both emotionally and psychologically.

(I’m going with the self-renewal part of this one.  And in all things humorous this note is at the end of the “Bathroom” interpretations - *Please also see Urination. View Dream Bank: "Restroom Maze", "Sitting On The Toilet", "Filthy Stalls" & "Dogs In The Bathroom".  LOL!  “Dogs in the bathroom”.  Is that a common dream?  And what about cats?  Just because they’re more discrete doesn’t mean they shouldn’t get a dream bank entry.  I mean I don’t even like cats, but fair is fair right?  Billie Jean thought so.)

Body:

To see or find a bloody dead body in your dream refers to a situation or issue that you can no longer avoid. You need to make an important decision and act on it immediately.

(“Bloody”.  There’s a charming visual. Now my dream body wasn’t all blood-like, but I do have a work sitch that’s been bubbling so strongly the lid is about to pop off. I have no doubt this part of the dream refers to that whole deal – do you think I’m reaching? -  but I can’t really talk about it. You know. The whole Sidney Bristow Effect.)

So then I moved on from the dead body and now I’m just hanging out chatting with the bartender about the dead body (How ‘bout the body in the bathroom, huh?  And dog and toilets?  Say what?) and on the barstool next to me is Adam Ant.  In full regalia.  And “Strip” is playing and everyone is all “Hey, Adam”. 
 
Huh? 

No dream dictionary for this one.  And NO FREAKING IDEA WHERE THE HELL THIS ONE CAME FROM.  I mean who dreams about Adam Ant?  In 2012?  I haven’t even been watching any of those VH1 countdown shows or “Where Are They Now”s.  Chalk this one up to just plain weirdness.  Or latent Benadryl finding it’s way into my brain to really screw with me just because it can.

For some reason I’m also showing Adam and the bartender my baseball that has a bunch of signatures from some former Mets that met (how’s that for working in a “meet the Mets” bit without even trying hard).  The baseball exists in real life.  But why I’m choosing to mentally dust it off and show it off is beyond me.

Now there’s nothing specific about bartenders, but I found this:

Bar 

To dream that you are at a public bar signifies your desire to escape from the stresses of your daily life and retreat into a light-hearted environment where pleasure abounds. 

(Booze.  Bag.  Or a girl who just wants to have fun?)

Baseball

The game of baseball has sexual innuendos, where the bat depicts the masculine aspects and the feminine aspects are depicted in the form of the ball or the ballpark.

(Paradise By the Dashboard Light anyone?  We all know the baseball/sex connections so I’m going to refrain from going any further and keep this entry on the cleaner side of “Fifty Shades of Grey” – which, in yet another sidebar, I think I’m the only person I know who hasn’t read that book.  But to me it’s like sushi or bungee jumping or Tom Cruise.  Zero.  Interest.

And there you have it.  More sleeping to dream.  Rocking the deep sleep.  Rocking out with Adam Ant apparently.  There has to be something more to that, so if anyone has any theories, but all means….Bring.  It.  On.  (Which happens to be a Broadway show that is also like sushi to me, and that fact alone probably means it will be raging success.  Though I thought Ghost: The Musical was a crap idea and that ones already announced it closing. Farewell pottery wheel.  I’m unchaining that memory for good.)

And in an effort to get that one out of your head, try this….



No comments:

Post a Comment